The Plan of Salvation
Click on the image above to watch Pastor Jim Loper present the Plan of Salvation
1. All have sinned: The Bible says that “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Rom. 3:23 NKJV) That includes you and me. Would you agree?
2. The penalty for sin is death: The Bible also says that “the wages of sin is death…” (Rom. 6:23a NKJV) This is not only talking about physical death, but about eternal punishment in hell.
3. You cannot be saved by good works: It also reads that “not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us.” (Tit. 3:5 NKJV) In other words, you cannot be saved by being good enough or doing enough good things.
4. God still loves us and sent Jesus to die on the cross for our sins: The Good News is that God still loved us and sent Jesus to die on the cross for our sins. The Bible says that “God proved His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (Rom. 5:8 NKJV)
5. God raised Jesus from the dead: The Bible tells us that “He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures.” (1 Cor. 15:4 NKJV) He was also seen by over 500 witnesses after His resurrection.
6. It is now possible for us to be saved: Because Jesus died for our sins and rose again he made it possible for us to be saved and to receive the gift of eternal life. The Bible says “the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Rom. 6:23b NKJV)
7. Repent and believe: In order to receive the gift of eternal life you must repent from your sins and believe in Jesus Christ. Jesus said, “Repent, and believe in the gospel.” (Mark 1:14 NKJV) That means that you must turn from your sins, turn to Jesus Christ, and receive Him as Lord and Savior by faith.
8. Receive Jesus by calling on His Name: God has promised that “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Rom. 10:13 NKJV)
9. Invitation: Are you willing to turn from your sins and receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior? Would you like to pray and call on the Name of the Lord to receive the gift of eternal life? Then pray this out loud with me: “Lord Jesus, I admit that I am a sinner. I know that without you I will be lost. I want to be saved. I turn from my sins right now, and I call on the Name of Jesus to save me. Jesus, come in to my heart. Be my Lord and Savior. Forgive my sins. Give me a new heart, and give me the gift of eternal life. I confess with my mouth that Jesus is Lord, and I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead.”
10. Assurance of salvation: The Bible says in (Rom. 10:9 NKJV) 9that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. If you truly believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, and if you truly confess Jesus as your Lord, then you are saved.